Sunday, February 18, 2007

sweet home chicago

I made it back from Austin - refreshed, alive, and exhausted. It was a great time. I thought that it was a doomed trip in the beginning but then something happened and things turned out to be great.

Austin is fantastic. Sixth Street provided bar after bar with live music. Although it was somewhat sad that not many more people were out and about. I am used to bars filling and dance floors being cramped. However for the most part it was only us in the bars. ONe of my favorite spots was the dueling piano bar and the other was the local gay bar. I think the fun of it was more about the people I was with than the place.

But I am not sure what happened or even how it happened but somehow I am refreshed and recharged. Maybe it was the setting. Maybe it was the people. Maybe it was education. Maybe it was night after night - drinking - dancing - bar hopping - and even quite a bit of flirting and girls flirting right back with me. Who knows what it was. But I am a much happier, healthier, and refreshed woman. Maybe it was because I fell for someone in Texas and even though its never gonna work it was fun while it lasted.

But it is nice to be home. It was nice to fly over the lights and city.

although I return to school tomarrow so maybe it will all change.

No comments: