Thursday, November 30, 2006

iv's, trains, & cornfields

It's been a rough week for the paddler. It's been getting better slowly but I can't seem to shake the illness. Last night I found myself laying on my parent's couch, aching to not be alone, hoping as if I was child again, that when my parents came home they would make it all better. In reality, I was in no shape for driving and ended up staying and visitng the doctor, who happens to be located in the cornfields near railroad tracks (and thats about all).

So they set me up with the iv and all I could do was stare out the window, into the field and watch the frieght trains pass. Waiting for the snow storm to hit. Which left me some time to think. I got to thinking about how I need to stop procrastinating on stuff. I was thinking about how I need to make my car payment. I was thinking about next summer at camp. And I was thinking about one other thing that I just seem to not be able to shake off.

All that plus I purchased parking permits for the remainder of the winter season. So there big, bad, ugly snowy Chicago - I win, I have a parking spot.

Too bad I can't afford a garage space. Only in my dreams.

But I am feeling a bit better.

No comments: